Saturday, January 20, 2007

Week #1RoseGarden Public Library

Ok so compared to the King Library or I dont know the Smithsonian, the Rosegarden is basically your local at home feeling type of library. People come to Rosegarden(RG as I like to call it) to relax take in a book or two, use MySpace(keep in mind there are three schools next to us, Lincoln, Hoover and some kids school), check out a movie or hear storytime. I've been working here for three months now, so i am relatively new to the library and the system. I was a little nervous at first, but the people who I work with made me feel comfortable from day one. I have developed many friendships with staff, so its either there easy to like or i'm just a friendly person. But overall I love working for the Rosegarden Branch. What I remember from first starting at RG was we had a little Halloween potluck, I did not know anything about it, so I basically was eating there food and I did not bring a thing, I found that to be very unamusing, but also kinda funny. I am running short one time so I will get more in depth with much more to say in the blogs to follow....So stayed tuned for the next blog installment....Same Blog Time, Same Blog Html...

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

Great first post. If you'd like to receive the flash drive, please remember to do the exercises and to title each entry (Week 2, #3). The RG is a lovely library. And near a lovely park too.